SATIERF's Commission Batch - #1

 

Hello!

This post will not be talking about much, it's mostly for sharing the latest commissions I have finished. I will be dividing my commissions into batches, which are basically all the commission slots that have been occupied in a set period of time, or "season".

I will be posting my commission work here every batch I finish as an archive. For the ones reading my blog, I am pretty sure most of you came from my Twitter, and if you did you know how Twitter's media page is horrible for whenever you want to find some art. There's basically zero organization.

I will be looking into making lists there, but I also want to post them here as I also get to talk a little bit about it as I do so.

With all that being said, here are the commissions I did on this first batch!

1. Blaze The Cat With Her Motorcycle


This is one of the commissions I had the most fun with, mostly because it's an official Sonic character. This commission was for Craze4Blaze who asked me for a Blaze with a bike posing as Rosalina from Mario Kart 8 render. His idea was inspired by another commission I did for another client, where I drew her Sonic OC with her car from a racing game on the back.

Vehicle-drawing-wise, I see this one as a huge improvement.

The PSD for this drawing is actually available for purchase in my Ko-Fi store for just US$6,50. You can purchase it here.


2. Racer Sonic OC


This is the drawing that inspired the client above to ask for a Blaze with a motorcycle. This commission was done for supabado. She had originally asked for the character alone, but I thought it would look cooler with the car on the back since she's a racer and there were a few refs of pilot Lewis Hamilton.


3. Tachi


Drawing Tachi was a blast! I had lots and lots of fun with this one. I've been meaning to draw an Action-Adventure mascot for a while and this commission just happened at the best time it could. This was done for tachiweasel, who was an awesome guy to work with.

I actually want to draw some other characters like this in a more painterly style for my professional portfolio. I would love to work on a project with this style!

4. Ryuusei


This commission is my latest one, and it's not fully done yet. The client asked for an After Effects animation as well which I am still working on. That being said, this was the most complex commission I worked on in this batch.

Since this character is supposed to be moving, every single little part of his body and clothes is separated into different layers. Drawing like this is complicated, but it turned out great! I am very happy with the result.

This commission was ordered by Ryuusei Apollo, who will soon be debuting as a VTuber! This is his avatar, designed by my wonderful girlfriend - Jacqueline Yu.

Stay tuned to Ryuusei's content once it comes out! You can access his YouTube Channel by clicking here.

5. D&D Character Commission


This one was done for Ekowastooshort. This is his character in a D&D game he is playing with his friends and he commissioned me to draw him in this environment based on the design he came up with before. It's the one I liked the least out of all the ones in this batch, mostly because I am not very happy with how the background turned out.

I am happy with some elements, such as the trees in the middle ground and background and the shading on the side of the shed, but the grass and the front side of the shed is something that I just couldn't get 100% right at the time.

You cannot get everything right all the time. It's still a good piece nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything About My Process For The Comic Book Style

Blender Resources List - Tutorials, Tips and Best Practices

Improving Your Line Art - Tips On How To Achieve Higher Line Quality