Introduction! - Why I've created a blog and why should you care.

 Hello! Welcome to my new blog!

You know, while I've been wanting to create a meaningful blog for a while, I never really got the chance of doing so. I do have a blog on my professional portfolio website (with an amazing library of 3 posts!), and while some of the things I posted there may be interesting and beneficial to several people, a lot of the topics I want to cover don't really fit there.

Hence I created this one! A more personal blog where I can have more personal conversations with you guys. Where I feel more comfortable sharing thoughts and where I believe everything I learned will be more helpful.


And then you go:

"Ok! Cool, Satierf! You made a new blog that you've been meaning to do in a while now, but you see... why should I care?"

I am glad you asked! Well, the reason you should care is that I believe I have a thing or two to share that will benefit you and your art. Some cool tricks under my sleeve that you might find very handy and some approaches that make drawing specific things a lot easier.

How can I get the background for my animated film done more quickly in a way I can actually finish it? Heck, how to even draw backgrounds? How to sketch environments in perspective without needing to draw the guides all the time? What's even perspective? Does it apply to characters? Yes!? How?

I sometimes post some tips and tutorials on Twitter, where a lot of you might be coming from. Here I have the opportunity of documenting all of that in a way that's easier to find, as well as cover each topic a lot more in-depth.

A blog article also allows me to express some thoughts and start conversations with more in-depth details, preventing a lot of the mistakes and misunderstandings that the fast-paced, 280-character world of Twitter can have.

The idea is to share experiences like how it feels like to be a junior artist in an animation studio and what feelings and thoughts you go through in that brand new experience. We could also talk about commissions, how to get started and how to prevent getting scammed. Do we need a contract? Is it too formal? We can also talk about art, identity and how these two can end up merging together without us realizing and how that can affect our emotions and mind.

There are a lot of things I want to talk about and to have that kind of conversation, I found that I needed a more structured, free environment with a lot more than 280 characters to express everything I have to express. I hope the articles I write are insightful and helpful to you.

With that being said, I see you in my first post!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything About My Process For The Comic Book Style

Blender Resources List - Tutorials, Tips and Best Practices

Improving Your Line Art - Tips On How To Achieve Higher Line Quality